A final report on the public consultation on the eHealth Action Plan 2012-2020 has been published. The four main objectives resulting from this consultation are:
- Increase awareness of the benefits and opportunities of eHealth, and empower citizens, patients and healthcare professionals.
- Address issues currently impeding eHealth interoperability
- Improve legal certainty for eHealth
- Support research and innovation in eHealth and development of a competitive European market
The consultation participants proposed that the European Commision should contribute to the plan by:
- Supporting systematic evaluation of benefits, costs and usefulness of eHealth solutions
- Providing guidance for achieving EU wide interoperability (e.g. the use of common standards, profiles, terminologies); and
- Supporting deployment of eHealth services/solutions based on evidence facilitating cooperation between Member States and/or regions to address common challenges.